Monday, May 16, 2016

A Few Happenings

Last week one of my daughters had her 9th birthday. I decided three days before to make her a quilt so it was a bit of a whirlwind getting that done and everything ready for her party. I had lots of help which made it possible and I'm so grateful for that because she had a great birthday and LOVED her quilt.



My husband and I spoke at a fireside last night to a group of youth and their leaders and parents about preventing addiction and addressing the challenges kids face today with courage and strength. We did a Q & A for the first time and it went really well. They asked a lot of questions and it was great to share our thoughts and experiences with them.

Lately, the phrase or idea that keeps standing out to me as I read the scriptures, conference talks or listen to speakers or lessons in church, is "He is with us." The impression has come again and again that this is true. He is all around us: leading this work, giving us hope and strength, providing a way out of sin and temptation, rescuing us when we ask, and faithfully being the big brother and friend we all need. It has been a blessing to receive this sweet, strong and profound reassurance again and again in a short two-week period. I am savoring the conference ensign!

No comments:

Post a Comment